Home Forums Share Your Success! Sold truck for leaf

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Chris Douthit Feb 16, 2017 at 5:32 pm.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Fred Kinkaid
    Participant

After months of going back and forth I finally sold my 2012 F-150 and purchased a 2014 Nissan Leaf with 25k miles for only $8k! This move will push me over the 50% savings rate and keep the 2022 FIRE goal alive and well! WOO YEAH!

Dan Jackson
    Participant

Congrats. Good work!

Fred Kinkaid
    Participant

Thanks! So far the Leaf has been great. Really fun to drive… Some of the comments from my friends/family have been pretty fun also (“you just got rid of your manhood”, “what the hell is wrong with you!?” ect) I always know that I’m doing something right if a lot of people (because most people are consumer suckers) think my lifestyle is a little off.

Chris Douthit
    Keymaster

Well done, trucks are handy but not practical at all. It’s hard to believe how many full size trucks are sold every year in the US, but I guess you’re not a man if you don’t have a truck. You made the right choice and can always borrow or rent a truck when you need one. I recently purchased a Volt and after 10,000 miles am averaging just over 100 mpg. I love it and will never go back.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.