Home Forums Main Discussion Forum One thing you are weirdly frugal about

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Snow Feb 27, 2017 at 6:14 pm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Sandy Smoothers
    Participant

Thought this would be a fun one to throw out there. I have definitely seen some good ones over the last year.

I am FAR from a fashionable person – and I hate spending money on clothes, I bet 90% of my current wardrobe is Christmas gifts (thankfully my family consults with Mrs AE on what I will actually wear and ensures she won’t be embarrassed with me in public)

Let your weirdly frugal flag fly!

Jeb Finkle
    Participant

I dry and reuse paper towels. I also try to use micro bits of paper towel for small messes.

Mike Snow
    Participant

I used to walk my utility bill to the utilities’ office near my workplace. They charged $3.50 to process online payments and I was too cheap to pay for a stamp, so I figured I would deliver it in person instead. After doing this for a couple years, I’m trying to decide what I want to do with the $12 or so I’ve saved. :slight_smile: Fortunately/ unfortunately they took away their payment drop box so now I have to decide between paying online or mailing it in.

Brad Mathews
    Participant

It really bothers me to leave unused lights on – for some reason I feel a compulsion to save electricity even though from a financial perspective it’s probably just pennies and from an environmental perspective it’s probably negligible.

Chris Douthit
    Keymaster

It really bothers me to leave unused lights on – for some reason I feel a compulsion to save electricity even though from a financial perspective it’s probably just pennies and from an environmental perspective it’s probably negligible.

Sandy Smoothers
    Participant

Getting close! I have considered taking one of my favorite shirts and buying it in 10 colors to replace my current wardrobe

Mike Snow
    Participant

I’m weirdly frugal when it comes to fast food. I don’t buy it all that often, but I always keep the coupons in my car, have the McDonald’s app on my phone, and like to order off the dollar menu.

Does anyone remember Taco Bell’s 59, 79, 99 cent menu?

I almost never pay full price for a standard “value meal.” Over the course of a year, I don’t know how much I save, but it’s certainly less than $100 (maybe $20?) but it’s one of those areas where I insist on getting a good deal.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.