Home Forums Main Discussion Forum Dinning Out

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Fred Kinkaid Feb 13, 2017 at 12:54 pm.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kevin Steller
    Participant

Believe it or not, I don’t think there has been a dedicated thread to this topic.

What’s your feeling about eating out? Is it healthy? Costly?

Thanks. Curious to know what other WealthViners think.

Mike Snow
    Participant

Costly? Definitely. Healthy? Depends on where you go. I’m of the camp that if it’s not better than what I could cook at home, it’s not worth paying for, so I tend to prefer going out only 2-3 times a year, but going someplace crazy nice. For example, for my birthday last year my BF took me to a place with a $50 prix fixe, plus cocktails, and it was worth every penny, and just as healthy as eating at home. I still dream about the pear sorbet they served as a palate cleanser… mmm.

But yeah, I’m definitely in the “quality over quantity” camp on this one. I’m perfectly happy restraining myself to my birthday, his birthday, and taking my dad out for Father’s Day (usually split with my sister and BIL,) and staying in and cooking a fancy meal myself for other special occasions. I definitely try to avoid doing takeout Chinese/pizza/etc, so I try to always have a few meals frozen and ready to ensure I can’t justify ordering low quality food just out of laziness 🙂

Fred Kinkaid
    Participant

There is a great post on eating out here

Love to Eat Well… How To Eat Great On a Budget

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.