Home Forums Share Your Success! 1st year

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Snow Feb 27, 2017 at 6:24 pm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Brad Mathews
    Participant

I am always motivated to do something better with myself, but I know it’s not always so easy. Success is sometimes in 1 day or more than 365 days. Usually the latter.

So I decided to document my year in this banking industry as a MO analyst transitioning to FO (hopefully by September 2017).

So far the journey has been tough and the learning curve steep as fuck. Especially because it is not always easy to hang up your sensitivity to the bullshit. It’s a cut throat industry, I can feel it and the knife hasn’t even pierced my throat.

So I encourage you to follow my journey throughout the year as I document my lessons learned (ad hoc). Add your input, feel free to document your own.

Brad Mathews
    Participant

Day 03: I was feeling quite down about my slow intergration into my new team. Yes, I don’t fit in so well, yes I don’t really enjoy the work but no way was I going to allow myself to fall into a depression over a team I won’t be in in 6-7 weeks time.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Brad Mathews.

Brad Mathews
    Participant

Day 10: Good people don’t mind helping others, No matter how senior they are. Good people see beyond the title.

Jeb Finkle
    Participant

I would agree, that people generally loving helping others when they are successful themselves.

Mike Snow
    Participant

I was proactive. No responses yet but at least now I know I’ve tried and won’t feel so bad for doing excel training instead of starring blankly at my screen.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.